- Comments on Biggest estate November 2014 - PDF
- FPC Native forest figures JARRAH Pie graphs 2013-2014 - PDF
- FPC Native forest figures KARRI Pie graphs 2013-2014 - PDF
Indicative logging maps for 2013
- 2013 Indicative Logging map - southwest
- 2013 Indicative Logging map - swan
- 2013 Indicative Logging map - Warren
Proposed Forest Management Plan (FMP) 2014-2024
- Dowload the proposed plan here.
- Download the Environmental Protection Authorities report and recommendations here.
- Download the WA Forest Alliance appeal against the proposed FMP which outlines grounds for concern and outcomes sought here.
- Download the WA Forest Alliance submission on the draft FMP here.
What happens to the wood from our forests?
We provide accurate and revealing information about the Department of Environment and Conservation's prescribed burning practice. You can find out information regarding what was planned and what happened during particular prescibed burns here.
- WA Forest Alliance’s 15-point strategy for wildfire preparedness and response in Western Australia - April 2009
Forests and climate change
- Published by The Australia Institute, Carbon Credits from Western Australia’s Multiple Use Public Native Forests details the significant earnings that could be generated by protecting WA's south-west forests as carbon stores.Native forest logging has become financially unviable. Protecting the south-west forests would be highly profitable for the State. Depending on the carbon price, WA stands to earn between $16 million and $438 million in revenue from the sale of carbon credits.
- How does protecting forests combat climate change? - Download the pdf here.
* Summary of known impacts of current logging practices on threatened fauna species in the karri forests. Download pdf here
- Letter to The Honourable Brian Ellis MLC, Chair of the Standing Committee on Environment and Public Affairs regarding the evidence for the need for enquiry into threatened sp. legislation. 23 July 2012
- Letter to Hon Bill Marmion MLA Minister for Environment regarding 26th April 2012 regarding evidence to show that continued logging of native forest in WA is posing a serious threat to the survival of the black cockatoos.
- Evidence for the effects of logging on the Western Ringtail Possum.
- Auditor General's report Rich and Rare: Conservation of Threatened Species 2009.
Real Forest News Archive
The real forest news - September 2011.